As people will be aware the EHRC is proposing to begin an investigation to the Labour Party.
You may be aware that, for any investigation, it has to consult.
However they never answer their phones.
I would therefore urgently request everyone who reads this to use my points as a baseline and submit to the EHRC asap.
They need to be held to account and any bias that the Campaign Against Antisemetism may seek to import be challenged.
Submit comments and requests as follows
Background (this is what I submitted as context)
I contacted the EHRC Press Office this morning re: the press coverage of an apparent 'investigation' by the EHRC into the so called anti Semitism in the Labour Party.
I requested that someone call me back as I have the following questions that I need answering as a tax payer and citizen -
1. Given its statutory duty to consult can the EHRC confirm that it will be consulting widely on its investigation into the Labour Party?
2. When will the EHRC be publishing its terms of reference in respect of the investigation?
3. Will the EHRC be publishing the CAA request for the investigation?
4. When will the investigation start?
5. Given that the Labour Party in terms of its complaints procedure is regulated by DPA98 and GDPR how will the EHRC protect the personal and sensitive data of individuals?
6. Will the EHRC be considering - as it has to do - the EChRs and the Human Rights Act in respect of Article 10 - freedom of expression?
7. How will article 10 inform the investigation?
8. How will article 6 inform its investigation?
9. Is the EHRC going to investigate the Conservative Party and the allegations of Islamophobia in that political party?
10. If not, why not? Please provide justification.
11. When will the investigation start?
12. Please conform that citizens like myself can respond to this investigation.
Labour antisemitism: equalities watchdog opens investigation
According to Skwawkbox - EHRC is doing a welcome job – but it is not ‘investigating’ Labour