(With rght wingers from the Labour Party maliciously editing our letter, what do they have to fear, we have moved it onto this website. When all signatures are collected a hard copy will be hand delivered.
Dear Leader of the Parliamentary Labour Party
Please find below a request from members of the Corbyn 50+Supporters Group, who are deeply concerned at the level of negative media coverage last weekend by certain Labour MPs. A small sample of support is shown in those signatories, see below, we have collected since Monday 12th December 2016. This group was formed a year ago and we now have over 9,000 members nationally; members are meeting in cities to work out plans to support the General Election campaign with the 10 Pledges. Other like minded facebook groups are sharing this letter.
Call for Unity letter
We’ve been put on a general election footing and yet some members of the Parliamentary Labour Party are still working to a divisive and destructive agenda.
This was plain to see in Chris Leslie's guaranteed election losing performance on the BBC Sunday Politics Show December 11, which undermined the Party, its membership and its Leader. MPs should rather be appearing in the media to attack the Government and to talk about Labour's solutions to the country's problems. That would be unity. We now hear in the Huffington Post about a supposed ‘work to rule’ by some MPs!
Socialism in Britain is now under threat - Enough is Enough
This is a Call for Unity to all the Labour Party MPs right NOW
1. As members of the Labour Party we are very discouraged to see a continuous stream of certain MPs
publicly criticising the Labour Party Leader and Shadow Chancellor in the media.
2. Jeremy Corbyn won both Leadership Elections with a huge mandate, calling for “unity and communities working together”. As members who responded to that call, we do not see that this principle is being adhered to within the ranks of Labour MPs.
3. We members are the ones campaigning strongly at grassroots and national levels for our Party’s return to government. When engaging with the public on doorsteps and in High Streets, we are finding that these MPs’ public declarations, showing lack of loyalty to both the leadership and to socialism are confusing and alienating the electorate.
4. We strongly request that the Leadership now ensures a declaration of support to the 10 Labour pledges, to publicising them, and to implementing them, and support to the leadership from each MP. We need unity and a solid, unambiguous foundation for our electioneering work. MPs unable to commit to this should be asked to resign or stand for re-selection.
5. We fully endorse freedom of speech. However, we believe that the public actions of the MPs in question are causing such significant damage, they simply cannot remain unchallenged. Their actions will ensure the Party is never elected to government despite our huge membership base and its overwhelming endorsement of our party leader. In fact, we believe that this is their intended purpose.
6. We are united in our overwhelming desire to see an end to this Conservative government with its cruel and divisive policies; and it's toxic budget cuts to local authorities which are jeopardizing even basic services.
Our Party, Labour under Jeremy Corbyn, is our one hope for a decent, fairer future for our country. We believe that these deeply unsettling times require a strong, proactive declaration of unity from elected Labour MPs, councillors and other officials that reflects the will of the members. Only then will we, the Labour Party, re-engage the public and move forward to government. John Taylor recommends you bring in two very able media personnel Chris Williamson and Eoin Clarke
May we thank-you for your enduring patience and the tremendous grace you continuously demonstrate.
Anya Darr, Eileen Kersey, Susan Dellet, Coilla Drake
Name CLP or Union
All things Corbyn
Latest news, views and more