Dave Downes, Jean Jones and shared on Facebook by Susie English
Labour Against the Witch Hunts Strategy Group met yesterday. Notes will be coming out shortly. We all know it is important to ensure the undemocratic shenanigans are sorted. The Strategy Group agreed:
1. Public meeting to be held September 10, 6:30PM - 8:30PM with a view to asking for an emergency NEC meeting to quash all suspensions until a process meeting the Chakrabarti Inquiry standard has been set up. It will mean ballots could be sent out by the 14th September deadline. Arrangements being finalised and publicised Monday. Your help with this would be most appreciated - all hands on deck!!!
2. Petition asking for same to go live Monday evening. Tony Greenstein preparing draft to be agreed by members on current email list by Monday.
3. Form to collate info on all suspensions to go live Monday evening. We saw draft and members have asked for some changes before sending form out.
4. Fringe meeting at Labour Party Conference regarding suspensions and expulsions to be organised asap. It will be outside the secure zone so any Comrade can attend
5. Support for Bakers Union Model Contemporary Motion to be supported by as many CLPs as possible so it has a chance of debate in Liverpool - will send out later today
6. Guidance for people facing interviews & appeals to go live Monday
7. Call out for Labour Party members willing to act as Silent Friends so we can compile list of people able to support suspended/ expelled colleagues
8. Invite victims of the purge to closed Facebook suspensions page
Your help in getting any of the above publicised in your area most welcome.
PLEASE - SHARE SHARE SHARE!
All things Corbyn
Latest news, views and more